Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ugh

My run today was HORRIBLE. Absolutely horrible.

I just started week 7 of the c25k program and the first day is another 25 minute run. Not bad, I just did that on Sunday and it was hot outside. Now, the elements weren't against me, it was in the morning and I had already proved I could do it.

Here are the reasons why it sucked.
1. Didn't fuel properly. I'm so used to getting up and working out that I don't fuel at all. It's a stupid thing to do and I have to stop doing it.

2. I started a little later than normal and ran into the traffic jam that is the middle school morning drop off. I had to break my stride and jog in place while mean moms gave me the side-eye if I even made the slightest move to leave the sidewalk. Very frustrating.

3. I couldn't push past the side cramps. I've able to do it before but today I just couldn't.

4. My pace was all off. Because I was waiting for cars to pass, I thought I should make up that time by running faster but all that did was wear me out sooner. I didn't keep a steady and consistant pace.

So yeah, I'm frustrated. But I didn't stop running and just walk the whole way. I took short walking breaks then jogged a little. Walking break, jog, etc. I know not every run is going to be great but I was frustrated all the same.

Runner friends, what do you do when your run doesn't go as expected? A part of me wants to make it up elsewhere in the week but the other part is like, eh. Whatever I'll just try harder next time.

3 comments:

  1. don't be so hard on yourself. when I get side cramps, I power walk until they go away. and mixing up the walk/run can be like cross training. you're doing fine! now go eat a banana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! i'm trying the c25k program too. i decided i was too cool and jumped in on week 4. DIED. also, rockstar for not stopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, isn't it crazy? It's like I can do p90x for a straight hour but running longer than 3 minutes in a row just about kills me!

    ReplyDelete