Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ab Ripper

I think this might be slowly becoming an exercise blog. Hm. Not sure how I feel about that.

The exercise part is great. Although, I was complaining last night that I had been working out about 5 days a week for the past month and have yet to feel any different. The Hubs said, "It's because you haven't been doing the Ab workout". I got completely weirded out because he's always gone for work before I start my workouts. How did he know I wasn't doing it? He said he knew I wasn't doing it because I wasn't complaining about how my abs hurt nearly enough.

It's true though. I haven't been doing Ab Ripper X. I guess it's because I've been working out for an hour already and I don't feel like doing anymore. Or maybe it's because I like my extra 15 minutes of free time when I get ready in the morning.

So, I AM exercising but I guess I'm also kind of being lazy about it. There are workout plans for a reason.

I woke up early this morning to go running but it was so early that it was still dark out. And I don't like that at all. But I hauled myself out of bed and did Ab Ripper instead.

He was right. I was complaining like crazy when I was finished but I think it will really help in the long run. I haven't been doing hardly any core workouts and the core is the most important part of working out.

Oh my gosh, am I boring anyone else? I feel like I'm putting myself to sleep too.

Because I don't want to be all crazy-workout-look-at-my-fitness, here are the adorable cupcakes my past students delivered to my office today. They are too cute (and too yummy. seriously, I had to give them to my coworkers because I could not be trusted with all of them).
PB030132

I also made a Gooey Butter cake for our potluck Wednesday dinner and holy crap. You guys, this recipe is amazing. Like, sell your first born for a piece, amazing. They should call this "Get a Man with this Gooey Butter Cake" or "So Sweet it Will Make Your Teeth Hurt Gooey Butter Cake". Go make it this weekend. Do it. Oh! and make it the day before you need it. And put it in the fridge. Trust me, it makes it better (if you can believe it).

We Need a Better Name for This Gooey Butter Cake
taken from allrecipes.com
Ingredients
Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Topping
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Mix cake mix, melted butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 eggs with a spoon. Pat into a 9 X 13 inch pan.
3.Mix cream cheese, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer. Slowly beat in confectioner's sugar (I only used about 2 and 1/2 - 3 cups). Pour over cake layer. Will be a little runny.
4.Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool. Put in fridge overnight.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Coco, i love reading your blogs, even if they're about exercising. I also am amused that you don't like running when it's dark. If I wake up and it's even starting to get light outside, I'm sent into a fury of getting out the door because I've horribly overslept. Yes, it's my job choice, but I still can't help but chuckle at how different my life is from so many more "normal" people. Although...there are a few bikers and several cars on the road every morning who are up at the same time, so I'm really not alone. But it's still funny to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Jeni, we definitely have different lives. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete