Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Heaven

After church on Sunday (see Hub's big performance here) we headed down to the Mission Inn for Cupcake Camp! All proceeds went towards Breast Cancer research. I'm down with that but you know what I'm MORE down with? CUPCAKES!
DSC_0305

DSC_0303

This group was cute: Cupcake Mama's. They had their kids with them too.
DSC_0301

I was a bit dissapointed with Casey's Cupcakes. The frosting tasted like it was from a can!
DSC_0300

There were cupcakes everywhere!
DSC_0299

DSC_0302

This guy was sporting his pink shoes for the cause.
DSC_0304

The whole room set up. It was absolutely packed.
DSC_0307

$10 got you 4 tastings and all the coffee, milk and water you wanted. Our loot:
DSC_0306

The drinks. The coffee is definitely mine. Not the Hubs.
DSC_0312

Digging in!
Chocolate and Raspberry Lemonade
DSC_0308

CHOMP
DSC_0310

Om nom nom nom.
DSC_0311
That one was my favorite. Pumpkin and chocolate. Not too sweet. Perfect.

Overall, the cupcakes were just ok. I think I'm spoiled by My Delight Cupcakery. Their cupcakes are some of the best I've ever had. But it all went to a good cause. If they were to do it again next year (and they should!) it should probably be in a bigger place. It was kind of a turn off to be pushed around just to get cupcakes.

Go Cupcake Camp!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, what a great cause! And that pumpkin and chocolate one sounds amazing. Did they have lemon cupcakes?? Those probably would have been my weakness - I'm a sucker for lemon flavored pastries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy!!! I've yet to have cupcakes as good as yours. and that sounded dirtier than I'd intended.

    ps? loving your shots of the event!

    ReplyDelete