Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blobbity blob blob blob

You guys, I've been eating like crap lately. Every time I went to the store, I would buy chips... just this once. Then it turned into baking like I used to (but now there's only two of us instead of a household full of people to get rid of my stress-baking delights), coffee cake every weekend, makeshift dinners full of fat instead of yummy veggies.

Yesteryda, I was putting around the kitchen when I had a piece of candy and it just didn't taste good anymore. For everyone who knows me, I KNOW RIGHT?! That's totally crazy. I can down candy like a crazy kid on Halloween. oooooo Halloween. That's coming up, huh?

So today I made a special trip to Stater Bros. which has the most decently priced produce.

And holy cow, we're in the money. I made a pepper salad complete with all three color peppers, red onion and cucumber. I made Mexican veggie lasagna for last night's dinner. We have a bowl full of apples, peaches and nectarines on the dining room table. I have canned pumpkin with grand plans to bump up my Green Monsters in the morning. I also had oatmeal and man was that good. I'm going to try overnight oats and then check back in with a review.

Oh yeah, I also worked out with Jillian Michaels yesterday. People, I am SO out of shape. It's absolutely insane how 2 months with nothing and I can't make it through a 20 minute routine. But today is another day and I'm excited to get back into a routine. And now that I work from 9-6, I can get up at the same time but can now fit in a work out. So yeah, I'm pumped.

This was my kitchen before dinner. Yum. I've missed eating food and still feeling great afterwards.
DSC_0011

DSC_0012

Have you ever just through in the towel and started eating right? I just missed how fruits and veggies taste and it was like a light switch going on!

1 comment:

  1. Those colors are gorgeous! I love how colorful good produce is.
    I know what you mean. This week, I was really slow on the cooking front, but I got up the energy to make a nice colorful and healthy stir fry, so that me and the fiance could be satisfied and feel good about it. There's a Fresh and Easy in Yucaipa, which I know is kind of far, but it has great prices on produce and meat, but not as much selection. Stater Bros is our first choice too!

    ReplyDelete